We all have those days when you’re just not feeling it, but still want to look ready to take on the world. Here are 6 effortless hairstyles and hair hacks you need for times like these.
1. Two-section braid
A video posted by Chrissy Rasmussen (@hairby_chrissy) on Mar 19, 2016 at 7:13am PDT
1. Grab a section of your hair from one side of your head and separate the section into two.
2. Take the front section underneath the other.
3. Repeat step 2, each time adding a portion of hair from underneath to that section of hair. Once you reach the crown of your head, secure temporarily with an elastic band.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Where the two braids meet in the middle of the crown of your head, secure them in place with bobby pins.
2. Upside-down french braid bun
1. Flip your hair upside down – so you’ll be braiding your hair from the nape of your neck towards the top of your head.
2. Brush through your hair.
3. Take a portion of your hair at the nape of your neck and separate into three sections. French braid as per normal. Once you reach the crown of your head (or wherever you’d like your hair bun to be), secure the braid with an elastic band.
4. Gather all your hair into a ponytail.
5. Put your ponytail into a bun – by twisting it around, with a chignon, or however you like.
Upgrade your ponytail
3. Conceal your elastic band
Wrap a section of hair from the underside of the ponytail around your elastic band and secure it in place with bobby pins.
Your ponytail will look instantly sleeker, and nobody has to know that it only took you an extra 15 seconds!
4. Braids, braids, braids
Braiding your hair instantly transforms a normal ponytail to something more stylish – begin from one side of your head and bring it back to where your ponytail starts.
Tweak it to suit your look – go for a tight french braid for a sleek look, or a loosened up braid for more playful, bohemian vibes.
5. Speed-curl your hair
Who even has time to curl their piece by piece?!
Simply gather your hair in a high ponytail and curl your hair with a curler as per normal. All it’ll take is 3-5 sections. Take your hair out of the ponytail and gently tousle and fix it to your preference with your fingers, and you’re done!
6. Fake a braid
A video posted by Hair Video Tutorials (@hair.videos) on Mar 31, 2016 at 10:05pm PDT
If your hair is too layered and you struggle with stray hairs poking out of your braid, this one’s for you.
With your hair in a ponytail, grab small sections of hair from both sides of the ponytail, bring them to the middle, and secure them with a small elastic band. Keep repeating down the length of the ponytail to imitate the look of a perfect braid.
By Pinky Chng, April 2016