(Food styling: Michelle Pilarczyk; Image: Tatyana Kildisheva)
Read more about the women of the International Cooking Club Singapore, who contributed this recipe to the club’s The Red Dot Melting Pot Cookbook plus 7 other recipes you can find here!
250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream, chilled
1 can (360 g/13 oz) Nestlé Caramel Treat
1 packet (200 g/7 oz) Tennis biscuits (or digestive biscuits, slightly less sweet)
1 bar (150 g/5 oz) Nestlé Peppermint Crisp (peppermint chocolate), grated
Mint leaves, to garnish
1. Whip the cream until thick. Spoon the Nestle Caramel Treat into the cream and fold gently until just combined, taking care not to over mix.
2. Layer a dish (33 cm x 23 cm [13 in x 9 in] rectangular or 30-½ cm [12 in] in diameter circle) with the Tennis biscuits. It is easier to use the rectangular-shaped dish as the biscuits fit without having to break them into triangles so as to reach to the edges of a circular-shaped dish.
3. Carefully pour the caramel cream mixture on top of the biscuits, ensuring there are no gaps.
4. Sprinkle the grated peppermint chocolate generously on top so that the entire surface area is covered.
5. Cover the dish tightly with cling film and refrigerate for several hours or, preferably, overnight.
6. Remove the cling film and garnish with a few sprigs of mint leaves. Serve chilled.
Where to Buy:
Nestlé Caramel Treat, Tennis biscuits and Nestlé Peppermint Crisp: African Market Place
Like this? Read more delicious Eat + Drink stories here.
More on The Finder: