(Food styling: Michelle Pilarczyk; Image: Tatyana Kildisheva)
Read more about the women of the International Cooking Club Singapore, who contributed this recipe to the club’s The Red Dot Melting Pot Cookbook plus 7 other recipes you can find here!
200 g (7 oz) sashimi grade tuna (yellow fin)
1 tsp lemon juice
6 medium prawns, peeled and cleaned
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp white sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
1. Cut the tuna into 1 cm (1/4 in) cubes. Set aside.
2. Cut the avocado into similar sized cubes and place them in a small bowl.Toss with the lemon juice.
3. Add the prawns to a small saucepan of boiling water and cook until just pink on all sides and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Let the prawns cool before cutting each into three pieces.
4. Mix the sesame oil, olive oil and soy sauce in a large salad bowl. Add the tuna, avocado and prawns. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
5. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds (optional) and serve.
Like this? Read more delicious Eat + Drink stories here.
More on The Finder: