Furnishing your little one’s nursery is more than about making it as cute as possible (although that’s one of our favourite parts about it) – it’s also about functionality, and building a room your baby can grow into.
Check out these 16 functional, affordable products for your new nursery.
More on The Finder:
15 Mealtime Products For Your Baby That Will Make Even The Pickiest Eater Happy
12 Bath Items To Get That Will Make Your Child Love Cleaning Up
12 Practical Essentials To Dress Your Baby Up Fashionably In Singapore
1. Mothercare’s Space Dreamer Mobile ($63) plays lullabies to help Baby drift off to dreamland.
2. Also in pink, white, and cream, this Mothercare Cellular Cotton Blanket ($36) keeps your tot nice and cosy.
3. Playgro’s Ball Playnest Activity Gym ($99) has four stages of play. Fill it with plastic balls when Bubs is old enough!
4. Silver Cross’s Nostalgia Cot Bed ($899) has adjustable base positions to grow with your little one.
5. The ClevaSleep ($59.90) eases discomfort caused by reflux and colic, and reduces pressure on newborn noggins.
6. In the nursery or next to Mummy and Daddy’s bed, the Mothercare Swing Crib ($228) can rock-a-bye Baby to sleep.
7. Give your little Prince or Princess a solid foundation with a Mothercare mattress. Choose from Airflow Pocket, Pocket Spring and Essential Foam ($108 and up).
8. Rest assured: Tommee Tippee’s Digital Baby Monitor with Sensor Pad ($279) sounds off when no movement occurs in the room for more than 20 seconds.
9. Suitable for babies who are able to sit unassisted, the handy Bumbo Multi Seat ($119) can be used as a booster seat during mealtimes, or as a standalone seat on the floor.
10. Create space in your nursery with the Mothercare Universal Cot Top Changer ($89), which can be stored away when it’s not in use. This “instant changing facility” comes with raised sides and soft padding to keep your little one safe during nappy changes.
11. Ergonomically designed for toddlers, the versatile Stokke Steps Highchair ($379) can be used as a support for the Stokke Steps Bouncer (sold separately), allowing you to raise your little one off the floor and join you at the dinner table during meals.
12. Lightweight and breathable with reduced heat retention, the ClevaFoam Baby Pillow has been scientifically proven to reduce the pressure on the back of baby’s head by 50 per cent, and increase support by 80 per cent (thereby helping to prevent “Flat Head Syndrome”).
13. Your baby can watch you comfortably from the Stokke Steps Bouncer ($299), which has multiple seating positions.
14. Cut down on bin runs with the Tommee Tippee Sangenic Bin ($80). It seals each diaper to lock in smells, germs and mess.
15. Cushy and wipe-clean, the Mothercare Roll Up Changing Mat ($42) features playful elephants in gender-neutral hues.
16. Breathable Baby’s machine washable Mesh Cot Liner ($59.90) protects your wiggly from bumps and bruises.
From The Finder, September 2016