Aussie expat Terri-Anne Leske shares her quick and easy recipe for healthy sesame salmon with Japanese soba noodles, also featured in her latest recipe book, Carrotsticks and Cravings. (P.S. She shares even more recipes here!)
Ingredients (serves 1):
2 small fillets of skinless salmon
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp black sesame seeds
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 bok choy
Handful sugar snap peas
Handful snow peas
1/2 head of broccoli
1 stick of organic soba noodles
1/2 tsp garlic
1 tsp sesame oil
3 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
1 tsp miso paste (optional)
1 small chilli (optional)
1/2 cup water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Mix sesame seeds and juice of 1/2 lemon together in a bowl. Put pieces of salmon on aluminium foil, covering both sides in the sesame mixture, and close the foil to form parcels with the salmon inside.
3. Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Add soba noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and boil until soft (approximately 5 minutes)
5. In a wok or frying pan add sesame oil, garlic, miso paste and chilli over medium heat. Add vegetables to the wok with soy sauce, lemon and water and steam fry the vegetables (be careful not to over cook).
6. Add the drained cooked soba noodles to the wok and mix together. Serve the salmon on top of the soba and vegetables with a dash more soy or lemon if desired and enjoy!